cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking iPad Air 3 to any network

Luciferc
Investigator
Investigator

Hi I had an iPad Air 3 on a plan with EE, after the 2 years I ended the plan and now trying to get a sim only deal From another network however EE are saying when using the unlocking links that the iPad dose not belong to them, the only thing I can think of is I had the iPad replaced by apple due to a faulty screen. but they have said it is a network provider issue, under the network provider setting is says network is iPad 50.0 any help here?

7 REPLIES 7
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Luciferc 

Are you sure the iPad isn't already unlocked? 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Luciferc  EE will say it come from them because you had it replaced by Apple so the device doesn’t match the IMEI number of the one you got from EE.  You should of informed customer services of this so your device information can be updated.   

Not to sure, when ever I put the new sim in it says "The SIM card you currently have installed in this iPad is from a network provider that is not
supported under the activation policy currently assigned by the activation server. This is not a
hardware issue with the iPad. Please insert another SIM card from a supported network provider
or request this iPad be unlocked by your network provider. Please contact Apple for more
information."

Ahh I see it would be good for them to let us know we need to do things like this. unfortunately now that mean they cannot do anything.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Luciferc

Thanks for coming here. 

If you give us a call on 0800 079 8586, the team will see what they can do to help. 

Thanks. 

Leanne. 

Hi Leanne. 

Thanks, I called and they have sent the request to unlock to management to approve.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for letting me know @Luciferc

Leanne 🙂