cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking a disused EE phone

Hamepages
Investigator
Investigator

I upgraded my EE phone in 2022 and transferred my sim card. I know want to sell the older phone but assume it is locked to EE. How do I do that?

11 REPLIES 11
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Hamepages 

Thanks for coming here. 

You can check if this is locked and request the unlock code here - Device unlock (ee.co.uk)

Hope this helps 🙂

Leanne.

Thanks. I now have an unlock code but don't know what to do with it? Every time I click on the Unlock your phone button it takes me back to the apply for a an IMEI code which I have already done.

Leanne_T

Hi @Hamepages 

You would need to enter this into the phones keypad when another network SIM card is installed. The website is only used to provide the code and the unlock is completed on the device 🙂

Leanne.

I don't have another network SIM card. Only EE. Would they do it for me if i went into an EE shop? 

Leanne_T

Hi @Hamepages 

Sorry it would be unlikely the EE Store would have another network SIM card to unlock the device. You could either purchase a pay as you go SIM for another network, or maybe a friend/family member is not on EE and can help. 

Leanne.

My daughter is not with EE and could help. If I give her the unlocking code what does she do with it? Thanks for all your help.

Leanne_T

Hi @Hamepages 

She would need to pop her SIM card into the phone you want to unlock and then the phone will ask for the code, which she can enter using the keypad 🙂

Leanne.

XboxGamer1987
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

Hello @Hamepages 

She would need to the put her Sim Card into the phone your trying to unlock.

What kind of phone is it your trying to Unlock?

Thanks