cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recently upgraded to S22U from Pixel 6 pro. Not worth the money.

Nem2s
Contributor
Contributor

Awful experience so far, I've had the phone for more than a month already, hoping everyday for a software update to fix all those issues: 
- freezes on lockscreen that cause reboot, at least 3-4 times per day

- software is laggy and not adequate to a £1300 phone!

- camera software is buggy, lowlight videos are horrible! Same for photos! (Damn Exynos).

I also got in touch with EE and they suggested me to get a replacement but, man this is not about a faulty unit. This is all about a faulty Samsung software experience that cannot be fixed!

I thought it was a good upgrade option for my (beloved) Pixel 6 pro but it is not. Is there any way to get back my old phone? At lease switching it to a new one? I don't want to pay again £200 to upgrade 😞 

4 REPLIES 4
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Nem2s  Unfortunately you’ve had the device past the cooling of period.  So it’ll be an update to get a new device, you also can not get back your old device. 

Everything you say you’re experiencing can be fixed with an update. 

But still, I've had paid for a phone already. If this would be fixable in the future through a software update, why cannot I pay the bill whenever the "software update" will be out?

This doesn't make any sense from the consumer side: I am buying an experience worth £1300 NOW, not in the future...

Speaking about upgrading "again", would not be a way to "rollback" instead? £200 are a lot of money to get back to my "previous" plan. I totally understand the cooling-off period but I thought a software update could be scheduled in a month or so..it's been almost two months already...

@Nem2s  The software on the device has nothing to do with your contract with EE.    You can not roll back to a previous contract as that contract has now been terminated.

You had this opportunity within the cooling off period which is 14 days from receiving the device after that the contract is now applicable. 

It might be worth you speaking with Samsung about this if you’re experiencing software issues on the device and everything you are explaining to me sounds like a software issue that can be rectified with a software upgrade.  This is how issues on devices get fixed, you need to report this to Samsung. 

Techhead
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

In this case the many problems with the S22 Ultra have been well publicised. Firmware upgrades are promised but not rolled out (as far as I know).

To the OP, you can either hold tight and wait for the firmware upgrades to roll out and be approved by EE. Or, speak to Citizens Advice about making a claim under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.

(The 14 day cooling off period only applies to change of mind - if you can show there’s a fault or the phone doesn’t perform as expected then you have up to two years to make a claim. If it’s within the first six months then the burden of proof is lower. Citizens Advice will advise more)