cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone unlock

Daniel_1011
Investigator
Investigator

I have an Huawei phone that is now out of contract. I would like to unlock it it but it appears that the imei number is wrong although this is the same number that ee have for it. I have had numerous telephone conversations and the last agent told me I would have to go to a high street shop to try to get it unlocked or sell it as it is and hope that some one would want to buy it. Surely seeing as I bought from ee it's not unreasonable to expect them to be able to unlock the device. Does anyone know if there is a solution to this.

Read more

6 REPLIES 6
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Daniel_1011   Has the device ever been changed via insurance or other reason?    

mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @Daniel_1011 ,

If EE has the IMEI on record which shows on the phone, that is the device they should unlock.

Which party has a record of a different and wrong IMEI for your phone?

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net

Hi, thanks for replying,

ee and I have the same imei number it's also the same as the one I get on screen from *#06#. For some reason I am unable to unlock my phone on line with this number and ee are saying that it doesn't work for them either.

@Daniel_1011   You need to call again as they have the correct number and you are even giving them

the number to check.    EE need to sort this and not just say sorry we can not help.   Don’t except sorry we can not help as they can and if required they should be speaking with the phone manufacturer to resolve this.  

No, no changes. 

Thanks, I will try phoning them again tomorrow.