cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF AI MALWARE

Baldric8
Investigator
Investigator

Unable to remove this AI PDF malware. Have rebooted , Norton can't delete it and lots of my phone features return me to my phone Home screen. Any ideas? 

7 REPLIES 7
EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

You could maybe try Malwarebytes to see if that helps, otherwise you may be looking at a Full Factory Reset and starting over again.

Malwarebytes and Avast are shut instantly when you attempt to run them, then swipe up no longer works, on the rare occasion you can swipe up, you are blocked from entering settings, the screen will shut and once again swipe up refuses to work..it comes after downloading a pdf app from playstore, that once installed tells you you need to add pdf AI for it to work properly ..Iv been to several mobile phone repair stores who also couldn't remove it and say I must lose all my settings apps etc and do a factory reset 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @lostkiwiboy 

Welcome to the community. Sorry to hear that you have this problem with your phone.

If you back your phone up before you reset your phone to factory settings, you should be able to download them all again.

Which phone are you using?
Chris

Hi Chris

Yes, I have backed my phone up, just would rather beat this thing than factory reset as don't wish to reply on a backup, it is a phone I use to manage my company, so lots of important documents, photos etc

The phone is a Samsung A54 5G  SM-A546B/DS

Thanks

Steve

James_B

I understand your frustration @lostkiwiboy, but I think a factory reset is the safest course of action in this scenario.

James

OK, Thanks for your help mate, much appreciated. 

James_B

No problem @lostkiwiboy 

Have a great weekend. 🙂

James