Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No response to unlock request

F1uff
Investigator
Investigator

I submitted an unlock request for my Galaxy Note 10 lite on 11th March
(phone was bought from mobiles direct on an ee contract).

I raised a complaint on 21st March to say that the unlock hadn't been actioned within 10 days.

I've received no response (other than automated acknowledgment) to either.

I'm unable to find any way to speak to a human. I've tried phone numbers that have been posted on here in the past - when I dial them all that happens is I end up in the automated system (effectively same as calling 150) where option 1 means I get sent a link to their new service which then calls 150... and repeat ad infinitum. Or option 2 where there''s no way to speak to a human. I tried the option for "I'm thinking of leaving" but the line just goes dead when you try that one.

Is there any way of getting ee to action this or should I just give up and pay someone to do it?

9 REPLIES 9
F1uff
Investigator
Investigator

Hi @Leanne_T 
Not sure if you are aware (or perhaps it's a recent change) but the above number does not go to the unlocking team. It just takes you to the same place that dialling 150 does.  And from there it appears to be impossible to speak to a human.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @F1uff,

We don't have a specific team for unlocking queries, they're dealt with by our Customer Care Team.

James

James_B

Hi @F1uff,

I've checked and our 150 service is servicing calls as normal.

As an alternative, have you tried chatting with Customer Care online at ee.co.uk/contact-ee?

James

Hi @James
 "servicing calls as normal" equates to the same problem though... there is no way to speak to a human to actually get support. If you are aware of a way to actually speak to someone in support then please can you share?

Similarly https://ee.co.uk/contact-ee  just takes you to a help page. It doesn't actually enable you to speak to anyone to get support. In my case, if I use contact-ee, it tells me to call them using 150. I am unable to get any help from the different options I have tried using 150. 

The only option on that page that is not generic is the complaints form. I've tried that and... once again... zero response. 

Hi @James_B 
I'm not really that interested in the semantics or naming conventions of whichever team it is that does the unlocking.

I just want to get some support in unlocking my phone.

Given that it is not possible to contact whoever does the unlocking via calling 150 or via contact-ee, is there a way of getting in touch with them to actually get my phone unlocked?

James_B

Hi @F1uff,

Tap here and select the start conversation button to start a chat with Customer Care.

Hope this helps.

James

James_B

Hi @F1uff,

I've replied in your other thread.

Thanks

James

F1uff
Investigator
Investigator

Thank you @James_B   I've previously been unable to get a chat window to open up (either not working, or all agents are busy) but today managed to get this to work (on a different browser) and managed to reach an agent who was able to offer support.  Much appreciated.

James_B

No problem @F1uff 🙂

I'm happy to hear you were able to get connected with an agent.

James