cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Phones and Plans

edwarhys
Investigator
Investigator

Any decent phones or plans coming out in the next month?

Everything data-wise and new phone-wise is overpriced compares to other networks 

8 REPLIES 8
Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @edwarhys.

Welcome to the community.

If you register to our Coming Soon Page on the online shop, you'll be notified of new releases.

Plans change all the time, so it's worth keeping an eye on current plans too.

Jon

@edwarhys   What networks are you comparing to EE.   And what sort of tariff are you looking at on those networks ? 

I was comparing to Tesco and Virgin as I'm already with Virgin Media Fibre.

I currently have the Galaxy A71 with 40GB Data at £39 with 20% discount.

I could drop my data to 10GB as I've been working from home and not been using all my data like I used to.

Virgin offers 24GB cheaper that EE's 10GB on the same phones and even some of the 4GB plans.

I do like the look of the Google Pixel 6a but not if it's going to be £40 + with 10GB data I won't bother.

Will EE sell the Nothing Phone, Asus RoG ? 

Virgin Media are quite price aggressive at present, especially if you sign up for one of their "Volt" bundles - however they are migrating to O2 as their host network. Tesco Mobile is also an "MVNO" piggyback operator who uses O2.

On a national level, EE does generally outperform O2 but before considering a move of network operator - check their coverage suits you in the locations you'll want to use your phone. Also perhaps ask around friends & relatives who are with them, as to what their experiences are.

EE doesn't claim to be the cheapest network, but they do have pride in network quality which isn't always the case elsewhere.

They seem it yeah.

Where I live now you can be on any operator really with no issues.

But where I grew up in Shropshire every provider was hit and miss 🤣

I moved from O2 to EE many years ago now because the price was the best on data and coverage at the time and I stuck around and had BB with them also.

It's a shame that warehouse that sells phones bad mouthed EE they used to have a site called mobiles.co.uk (owned by CPW) with great EE deals with silly data plans.

I probably won't leave because of EE Family but I might have to go Sim Only due to costs unless they can come out with a great deal on the Google Pixel.

What are you currently rocking ?

@edwarhys  Is that virgins standard 36 month tariff you’re looking ?   

There has been no mention of the rog phone.  I don’t think EE will have it.  

looks like o2 are the only network to sell the nothing phone, they probably have an exclusive on this which means no other networks are going to sell it directly.  But you can purchase it from Amazon and Selfridge’s and use it on EE. 

Given contracts are going up over 10% this year and I doubt will be less next year, and that many contracts are now 3 years, getting a phone via contract looks less and less attractive.

Getting a loan, and sim only deal can work out a lot cheaper these days.

The current line up of phones and plans either means going sim only or just go for something cheerful like an Oppo and see how I do.

I'm not willing to spend over £50pm for a decent phone.