cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 4 (LTE)

G_W_R
Investigator
Investigator

I just managed after several failed attempts and calls to purchase the £7 30day data package for my smart watch, in the hope it would link to my existing mobile number, So far no confirmation and I am still not able yet to make or receive calls, without having my phone with me, This is very frustrating, as it was the only reason I purchased the LTE version.

The other problem, is my EE app now only shows the watch data and all other info relating to my phone contract has disappeared. it is also displaying a different mobile number?

Beginning to wish I hadn't bothered!

6 REPLIES 6
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@G_W_R  The watch will have its own number as its link to account level to receive calls that are made to your phone number.  Watch also has its own number so you can access data and for billing purposes. 

To changed your phone tariff via my EE app click the three lines at the top left when you first launch the app and then at the top click what would be now your watch and you can change it to your other tariff which will be your phone.   

Thank you, I hadn't realised you could toggle between tariffs like that. I still haven't managed to make or receive a call on my watch, without having the phone nearby.  I wondered will the phone need to be powered up at all times, even if you don't have it with you, for the watch to function re calls?

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @G_W_R,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

No, your phone doesn't need to be switched on to receive calls on your watch.

If your watch still isn't connecting to the mobile network after 24 hours, please get in touch with Technical Support so a member of the team can help.

James

Hi James

Thank you for your help.  Just per chance I went into wearable app again, as if to set up from scratch. When pressing "Mobile Plans" it went straight to a page asking me if I wanted to link watch with my EE plan. I clicked on this and now all is well. I hadn't realised that I had to go back and do this, after purchasing the data plan for watch. Greatly relieved and all seems to be functioning, 

Thanks once again for all the help from the community..

@G_W_R   While the phone can be off to receive calls or not with you the phone has to be on for you to receive text messages even when the phone isn’t with you.  

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Glad you got it sorted @G_W_R

James