cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying all Android internal storage to sd card in 1 operation

Arran099
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

A). Is it possible to copy the entire internal storage of an Android Sony Xperia 5 mobile to its built-in sd card in one operation to create a hard copy backup ? This is without having to flag up individual files. B). If it is possible then how long approx. would 44GB internal storage take to be copied to the built-in sd card ? Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
bristolian
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

Connect your phone to your laptop using USB cable, and use Windows Explorer file manager to bulk copy & paste whatever files you want, to their chosen new location.

Arran099
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Bristolian thanks for that. I don't have access to a laptop. I wanted to do it all on my smartphone. I thought that copying all internal storage to the built-in sd card to create a hard copy backup would be a frequent option. I did that on my Psion Series 5 ? organiser years ago & dumped all its internal storage on to a solid state disc in one go. Very easy as well.

bristolian
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

A Psion 5... there's a blast from the past!

Depending on the functionality of the Sony's inbuilt "my files" app, you may be able to do something similar. I can only test on my Samsung Galaxy which seems to do the right things in terms of selecting multiple individual folders and having the "copy" button.