cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Benefit of eSIM?

paulrcurtis
Contributor
Contributor

I was going to download an eSIM to my new Pixel 7, but frankly a SIM can simply be popped out of a phone and popped into another. I see no advantage to having an eSIM, and losing my ability to use a phone for up to 24 hours. 

If you could simply delete an eSIM, and download it to a new device, fine. But it's not that straightforward as far as I can see

Or am I missing something please? 

3 REPLIES 3
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@paulrcurtis  It’s simple with an iPhone I’m not sure how Samsung or Google have made swapping devices with an eSim.    You only need a esim if you are running two numbers or personal and one for work.   You could use an eSim and then use the sim slot to use a local carrier when you go abroad.    there is no advantage of using a eEim if you don’t need too.  

paulrcurtis
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Chris. I have a giffgaff SIM I use very occassionaly, and I could use this in the slot if I downloaded the EE eSIM, but I am not sure I will if it's not an instant switch from one phone to another.

@paulrcurtis , have you had a look at Samsung or Google to see how simple it is to move an ESim from one phone to another? With Apple it is simple, I still use the physical sim as no advantage for me personally.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.