cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this is a scam : https://eeuk.mms.ee.co.uk/eeuk/

sfarid22
Visitor

I review a text saying a photo video was sent but undelivered. Please click on 

https://eeuk.mms.ee.co.uk/eeuk/ and then add in the code sent by sms. 
I did it and nothing happened. I checked with the sender and they say they never sent it? 
worried it’s a scam. Can some one verify the url as being genuine and from ee

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@sfarid22 : Not so much a scam but more a glitch on EE's part. It's EE's d/load site for MMS when your device is not set up for MMS but it sometimes has a knack of sending you these texts spuriously when no one has sent you an MMS.

For most phones, you can download the MMS settings needed from the online set up tool , so you can receive MMS directly w/out being falsely directed to EE's d/load site.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@sfarid22 : Not so much a scam but more a glitch on EE's part. It's EE's d/load site for MMS when your device is not set up for MMS but it sometimes has a knack of sending you these texts spuriously when no one has sent you an MMS.

For most phones, you can download the MMS settings needed from the online set up tool , so you can receive MMS directly w/out being falsely directed to EE's d/load site.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

hi yes this used to happen to me. It was a way for my work to spy on my phone. Don’t click on it!

I do have a photo which I want to see, no reason to consider it a scam nor an error. Cannot open on my un-smart 'phone. I have been sent a password but when I use the http:// ... etc  (exactly as in messages above) on my computer, it simply brings me to this forum, providing no opportunity to enter a password.   

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi and welcome to the community, @rj123

Does it bring you directly to the EE community, or does it take you to search engine results with EE Community links?

Chris

Reg01
Explorer

Not resolved as of 24 Nov 2022 as today this happened to me, and from a known number who definitely did not trigger this unhelpful SMS. 

!! EE Please resolve this ASAP !!

@Reg01 wrote:

!! EE Please resolve this ASAP !!

What do you think needs resolving?

Hi 

see my 11:14 today post for amplification.

In July 2021 a ‘Grand Master’ wrote in this thread:

“ Not so much a scam but more a glitch on EE's part. It's EE's d/load site for MMS when your device is not set up for MMS but it sometimes has a knack of sending you these texts spuriously when no one has sent you an MMS. “ 

Assuming Grand Masters are always right (?!), this glitch is a matter for EE techs to consider/resolve, also to avoid the risk that some of us may, wrongly, jump to the conclusion this is a first-step fraud scam come-on.