cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE Broadband and BT Box Pro Error IPC6023

RogerSt
Explorer

I recently changed my BT Broadband to the EE equivalent. EE sent me an EE hub and Wifi disc as replacements for the BT equivalents. I connected these up in exactly the same way [ethernet over Devolo Magic 2 Powerline] and in the same physical positions as the BT ones they were replacing. Everything worked fine except for my BT Box Pro. On every channel after a few seconds the screen would freeze then say there was an error IPC6023.

This was solved by moving the EE Wifi disc physically further away from the BT Box Pro than the BT disc had been.

2 REPLIES 2
DarrenDev
EE Employee

Are you still having issues?  Or was moving the Wifi disc enough to solve it?

RogerSt
Explorer

After posting yesterday the IPC6023 error returned on the BT Box Pro after weeks without problems. Powering off the EE Wifi Disc and the IPC6023 error disappeared. I then moved the EE Wifi Disc much further away from the BT Box Pro but still plugged into the ethernet and the IPC6023 error reoccured. I then removed the ethernet connection from the EE Wifi Disc [ethernet via Devolo Magic 2 Powerline] and the IPC6023 error went away.

The only thing I can conclude is the BT Box Pro has problems with the EE Wifi Disc which it never had with the BT Wifi Disc.

I wonder is the EE Box Pro an upgrade of the BT Box Pro or just badge engineering?