cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mobile data public IP Address

Pado1
Explorer

Why would my two phones have the same mobile data public IP address No?

I have been extremely unlikely since my mobile data  IP address is been shown to the public main risk of using a public IP address is allows anyone, anywhere to connect to your device directly from the Internet — and that includes cybercriminals. As they say, when you connect to the Internet, the Internet connects to you, in this case — directly. By exploiting various vulnerabilities, cybercriminals can get their hands on your files and steal confidential information to sell or for blackmail. stolen facebook page Instagram  (SIck)   this event an IP address were stolen, it wouldn’t be my problem. or carrier's problem.?

2 REPLIES 2
Pado1
Explorer
  •  Public mobile data IP    If a person grabbing it decides to DDoS you (basically, force you offline with cyber-attacks). They can target your mobile data network with a DDoS attack because they know your IP address. In most places, doing this is illegal. DoS attacks, however, might not always be illegal because they’re weaker than DDoS attacks. If someone targets you with them constantly, though, you can contact the police. 
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

The EE mobile network uses Carrier Grade NAT (CGNAT) resulting in a double NAT, which means that you don't get your own public IP address but share it with other users. So you can't be uniquely id'ed on the Net & therefore your LAN cannot be addressed from outside for unsolicited accesses. This is unlike fixed BB.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)