cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a legit EE call?

donaldsonaj87
Visitor

I've had a call from 07973100601, then a text which just comes up as EE and they are offering me an upgrade as I am planning on leaving EE. Is this number legit? The email he has provided is xxxx.xxxxxxxxx@ee.co.uk which seems legit - but I'm just wanting to be sure!

2 REPLIES 2
David
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hi @donaldsonaj87 

Welcome to the EE Community,

07973100601 & @ee.co.uk do belong to EE.

Thanks,

David.

mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @donaldsonaj87 ,

Although all seems well on this occasion, I would recommend to be mindful of the official advice given below.

Never give out your personal information in response to an incoming call, or rely upon the Caller ID as the sole means of identification, particularly if the caller asks you to carry out an action which might have financial consequences.

If someone rings you asking for this information, don't provide it. Instead, hang up and call the phone number on your account statement, in the phone book, or on the company's or government department's website to check whether the call was genuine. Wait at least five minutes before making the call - this ensures the line has cleared and you're not still speaking to the fraudster or an accomplice.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/scams/phone-spoof-scam

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net