cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Car phone ware house scam

paulgossy1
Investigator
Investigator
  • My i phone 11 recently died which had a Bt/ee pay monthly sim, I dialled 150 and bought a i phone 14 which came with a sim, the phone arrived the next day with a sim I put my old sim in the new phone to transfer etc and in it all worked fine I contacted ee to ask what to do with the new sim and was told to bin it, today I get my ee bill and I’m being charged for two sims I phoned 150 and it turns out I was scammed as my contract was with the Carphone warehouse not ee how can that be if you dial 150 you end up getting scammed
  •  
7 REPLIES 7
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @paulgossy1 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

I am very sorry to hear an additional contract has been set up, when you called 150 did the automated service advise this was EE and ask you to select options for help? 

Is the original SIM card eligible for an upgrade? 

Leanne. 

paulgossy1
Investigator
Investigator

I’ve been scammed by EE basically my I phone 11 packed up which I had a we pay monthly sim in, dialled 150 and ordered a new I phone 14 and told I had to have a sim with it which I ordered and arrived the next day, I put my original sim in and it all worked fine dialled 150 and asked what to do with the new sim and was told to bin it which I did, this month got a bill for both sims dialled 150 and complained then told I had got the phone from car phone warehouse and been scammed so the next day EE switched the phone off and blacklisted it non of this my fault as I phoned 150 all the time, they want the phone back and I can’t get a new one until it’s sorted I’m not a happy bunny and will be suing the pants off EE 

Christopher_G

Hi @paulgossy1 

Welcome to the community.

I'm really sorry to hear of your experience, it sounds like there's been a misunderstanding somewhere. I recommend calling to discuss this with our Mobile Care team again so that they can look into what's happened.

Chris

Yes dialled 150 and went through all the options to upgrade to a new phone, I still have the phone as EEwas supposed to send me a bag to send it back, which was supposed to arrive the next day but still not received it, 

Leanne_T

Hi @paulgossy1 

Thanks for coming back to us. 

The returns bag is sent by post and can take up to 5 working days to arrive, if you have been waiting longer than 5 days please call us again on 150. 

Leanne.

Got scammed by EE in august  basically dialled 150 and upgraded to a I phone 14 over the next few weeks realised something was wrong turned out somehow I had been scammed to the car phone warehouse EE are aware of this and promised me when I sent the phone back which I have done it would all be sorted which it has not, I eventually spoke to someone last week and they promised me that it was all sorted and that I would receive a refund of £130 and a £30 credit to my account which has not happened, again around a hour and a half later trying to speak to someone and it’s all promise of sorting it out absolutely disgusting customer service and I will be leaving EE asap it’s a total joke and will be contacting the Mobile ombudsman 

Christopher_G

Hi @paulgossy1 

I'm sorry to hear of your experience. Have you managed to speak to our Mobile Care team again so they can look into this for you?

Chris