cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock Device Page Not Working

taynob
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, can anyone get the EE unlock device page to work?  Every time I enter the IMEI number, I get the following message (and its been like this for weeks)....

"Please try that again
Sorry, something went wrong on our end. Please enter your IMEI again or come back later"

I need to unlock my sons phone for a talk & text SIM only plan.
I have called the EE helpline, they also cannot use the page, and told me to keep trying....very frustrating!
Anyone got a work-around?
5 REPLIES 5
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @taynob 

Welcome to the community.

Have you tried this on another device/browser, just to see if it then works?

Chris

Hi Chris, yes have tried 3 different browsers, also on my smartphone, laptop & tablet - all give the same error.

Lynn

Christopher_G

OK, thanks for trying, @taynob 

I recommend speaking with our Mobile Care team to see if they're able to request the unlock for you from our side.

Chris

taynob
Investigator
Investigator

Thanks Chris, already tried that but they were having the same problem with the page and also said there is no longer a team that deals specifically with device unlocking.  They told me there have been problems with this page for quite some time, every now & then it works, so just told me to keep trying, which I do every day, but to no avail.  Are you able to test it yourself if I give you the IMEI number?

Lynn.

Christopher_G

The Mobile Care team have access to a different unlocking system, for use when customers cannot unlock using the page that you mentioned, @taynob.

If you speak to them again, they should be able to complete the request for you.

Contact EE
Chris