Sim Card Issue

Trish241
Visitor

Hello 

Sim Card nightmare! I’ve now been without a working phone since Monday! I’m disabled and I live on my own. All details I explained to the person I spoke to. That is when the chat person allowed me to speak to someone! Sorry for the rant but people are trying to get hold of me and vice versa and WhatsApp doesn’t do business calls. 

They sent a new SIM card with my upgraded phone. This was working fine until I removed the eSIM because I had two lines and it was causing all sorts of problems. Well then I didn’t have a line at all!

When I did eventually speak to someone she said it would be 2/3 working days. I explained my situation and how I couldn’t get to an ee shop. Nothing could be done on that front. 

Sim arrived. Instructions say insert and your phone will work immediately. Oops it’s asking me to change the pin. The pin for the last one and the new one are exactly the same!! But it doesn’t like it. 
I’ve managed to give the new one a different pin but it’s still not happy. 

and of course any route you choose says they’ll send you a code via text message when you can’t access text messages. 

has anyone had these issues and not being able to get through to them to speak to someone. 

Thank you. 

1 REPLY 1
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Trish241 

Welcome to the community, we'll do our best to help.

It sounds like the SIM may need to be registered. Are you able to speak to our Mobile Care team again so they can do it manually?

Chris