cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Sim activation

Nate1984
Contributor
Contributor

I'm also having activation issues, just received iPhone 14 max pro with new SIM this morning, have put some in went through set up but no service, I have done the usual taken SIM out put back in, turned phone off and on and even factory reset but nothing, went to my EE found activate SIM but asking to put new number in which makes no sense to receive code as it's not active so put my other number in to receive code but saying "that didn't work".

Never had an issue with set up so will just send back.

23 REPLIES 23
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Nate1984,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Are you a new EE customer or did you upgrade?

James

Existing customer I just added a new line, I have tried everything you can think off and nothing, I have since had the EE texts on the new phone so I assumed it was active but I turned WiFi off and back to no service, I have never known it to take so long to activate, I went on my laptop on EE website and could see I needed to activate so I filled out but it's saying for new phone number but how can you recieve a code when the sim isn't active it makes no sense.

Any help would be appreciated 👍

James_B

Hi @Nate1984,

The online form is only for activating replacement SIM cards. Your new SIM should activate automatically within 24 hours, although it's usually much quicker.

James

Thank you I understand that, just never known it to take so long and strange how I received the texts from EE then no service again so it's like it's trying to activate

Nate1984
Contributor
Contributor

Good morning all, so I have just woken up and still no service, I will call customer service when open see if they can solve it hopefully, if not will be returning the phone so thanks for the help and wish me luck lol

Christopher_G

Hope you get sorted, @Nate1984 

Please keep us updated with what happens.

Chris

Nate1984
Contributor
Contributor

Ok so first call the assumption was that on the rare occasion the sim send with the phone was an inactive one so a replacement is on the way, second call after having a think myself as the phone was a good as new refurbished one is that in fact it was black listed and as it was late in the day the department that can unblock it was closed that a case was raised and it will be today that they do it so should be working later.

Christopher_G

Fingers crossed it's working soon for you, @Nate1984. Thanks for the update.
Chris

Thank you