cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported from PlusNet to EE - worked then failed?

BadgerH
Explorer

Ported three numbers from Plusnet to EE, keeping the original numbers. First two went well - SIM card in, make a 2 minute call, put old one back in and wait 24 hours until it stops woring and then put the new one back in with the new number.

Did the same with the third, took longer to transfer. Checked that the new sim worked with the old number. Now discover that it's not answering on the correct number and calls on the old number are now answered by the plusnet voicemail.

Any ideas on how to remedy this? 

2 REPLIES 2
FIZZYLP
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello @BadgerH 

Sounds like the PAC-Code hadn’t gone through correctly, I would recommend contacting Plusnet to check the status of the numbers, because if answering on plusnet’s VM this means the numbers have remained with Plusnet.

You should’ve have to insert the new sim then the old sim again because the old one will stop working then the new one will start the process is normally pretty quick but can take up to 24 hours.

Hope this helps!  If you like my reply and want to say thanks for the helpful answer then please click on the Kudos on left hand side  also if I answers your question correctly please let us know by clicking on Mark as Accepted Solution 
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @BadgerH,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Have you restarted your phone since the number transfer completed?

If you have and it didn't resolve the issue, please get in touch with Customer Care and a member of the team will escalate it with our porting team for you.

Thanks

James