cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dissapearing text messages

Poppsnaps
Investigator
Investigator

My phone was texted by ee (150) which consisted of links to activate my add ons which i selected. But those texts have now vanished. Im unsure now what to do

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Poppsnaps   It is possible to have texts from the old device on your new device. 

On your old device go to Settings>Click your name at the top.  Click iCloud>click Show All>Scroll down to MESSAGES IN iCLOUD and switch it on.  Now do the same on the new device.  Restart both devices and your texts from the SE should now be on your new device.    

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Poppsnaps : If you've deleted texts you've lost them. Nobody keeps them.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
354-
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

@Poppsnaps - What type of phone?

Iphone 12 new sim inserted today

Thing is i didnt. EE texted me on 150 with plans i chose (I’ve purchased a new sim which i inserted today)but the texts have disappeared. Those texts were sent on my old phone i phone se. But sim has been inserted into iphone 12.

In full  EE texted me on 150 with plans i chose (I’ve purchased a new sim which i inserted today) but the texts have disappeared. Those texts were sent on my old phone i phone se. But new sim i purchased only has been inserted into iphone 12 (belonged to family member)

Then your texts will be on the iPhone SE. They don't move with the SIM but stay on the phone.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

@Poppsnaps   It is possible to have texts from the old device on your new device. 

On your old device go to Settings>Click your name at the top.  Click iCloud>click Show All>Scroll down to MESSAGES IN iCLOUD and switch it on.  Now do the same on the new device.  Restart both devices and your texts from the SE should now be on your new device.