cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE Roaming - Help when abroad with your EE phone or device

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

If you’re having problems while roaming with your EE phone or device, see if any of the tips below help you get connected. 

My phone or device shows no service abroad, what do I do?

There are a few things you can try if your device is showing no service:

• Restarting your device.

• Running a manual network search in your device settings and selecting a different network;

Device

How to run a manual network search

iPhone

Settings > Mobile Data > Network Selection > Turn off Automatic

Android

Settings > More Networks > Mobile Networks > Network Operators > Tap OK

Windows

Settings > Mobile Network > Network Selection > Tap on start manual search

• If you have a pay monthly account, check your roaming status by logging into your My EE account online go to Menu > Account Settings > Parental and Data Controls > Enable Roaming >This will show as ticked if roaming is activated.

• You can also check roaming is active in your My EE app go to Menu > Settings > Roaming > Roam Worldwide > This will show as set to on if roaming is activated.

• If you have a pay as you go SIM, check that you have credit on your account. The SIM card would need to have been activated on the EE network before travelling abroad by making a call or sending a text message. 

I can’t make calls or send texts abroad, but I can receive them. What should I do?

If you can't make calls or send texts when abroad, try the steps below;

• Running a manual network search in your device settings and selecting a different network:

Device

How to run a manual network search

iPhone

Settings > Mobile Data > Network Selection > Turn off Automatic

Android

Settings > More Networks > Mobile Networks > Network Operators > Tap OK

Windows

Settings > Mobile Network > Network Selection > Tap on start manual search

• Check that you are dialling the number correctly. Some phones or networks may require you to manually dial the number in international format +44 or 0044 if you are calling a UK number.

• If you have an iPhone, enable Dial Assist to do this automatically in Settings > Phone.

• If you’re still having problems and you have a pay monthly account, your international bar may still be active. Check this by logging into your My EE account online go to Menu > Account Settings > Parental and Data Controls > Make calls abroad from the UK > This will show as ticked if you're set up for making calls when abroad.

• You can also check calling abroad is active in your My EE app go to Menu > Settings > Roaming > Call abroad and make premium rate calls > This will show as set to on if you're set up for making calls when abroad.

Why is my EE data not working while I’m abroad? 

If you're having trouble connecting to data, try these steps:

Device

How to check data roaming is turned on

iPhone

Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options > Make sure Data Roaming is on

Android

Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks > Make sure Data Roaming is on

Windows

Settings > Network & wireless > Mobile & SIM > Scroll down to Data roaming options and set to Roam

Still not working?

If you need further support and you’re a personal pay monthly customer, log into your My EE account online and a chat option will show when an agent is available. If you are unable to use chat or this is not showing, please use another phone to give our Mobile Care Team a call on +44 7953 966 250.

For charges to call our Mobile Care team please see our Roaming costs Help page. 

If you have any other questions just tap ‘Reply’ below and we'll do our best to help.

0 REPLIES 0