cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice Mail

gdp63
Investigator
Investigator

I have turned VM off which has worked but I still get voicemails from EE. As I am pay as you go I do not want to be informed via VM as it costs me to listen to them.  Does anyone know how to stop VMs from EE?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you @Leanne_T I have spoken with customer care and they have sorted out both my issues 👍😊

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @gdp63 

Welcome to the community

Something sounds a little suspect here - if you have disable your voicemail, then it's disabled for all incoming calls.

If you test call your mobile from another phone and ignore the call, do you get diverted to your voicemail?

Hi yes I have tested VM by calling from another phone and it does not divert.  The VM's from EE are sent direct to the mail box, the phone doesn't ring.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @gdp63

Thanks for posting on the community. 

What do the voicemail messages say? 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.

Hi, I can't remember exactly, I only listened to a couple ages ago and then stopped as I realised it was costing me to do so.  I think they were marketing blurb (get free minutes etc) or general info. It popped up this morning, as it does regularly, saying there was a message so I've just gone in to voicemail in order to reply to you but when it connected to the mailbox it said there were no messages.  May be VM off has stopped them but it's a bit odd that I'm still getting notifications.  This is actually my spare phone for emergencies which is why I haven't been too bothered about it.

Leanne_T

Thanks @gdp63

I would suggest getting in touch with our Pay as you go Care team, they will be able to update your marketing preferences for you. 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.

There's 2 levels of disabling voicemail. One is to disable the auto-diverts, but still have the facility there. The other is to remove VM entirely, but other EE users can still send voicemails directly to your mailbox (although there used to be a separate toggle on/off for that, too)

Having said all that, in all the years I've used EE phones (on PAYG and pay-monthly) I've never received a voicemail for marketing purposes!

Go through to C/S as @Leanne_T has advised, and that's as good a place to start as anywhere.

Thank you for your replies they are much appreciated, I will give 150 a call as I have posted another query that probably requires the same route.

Leanne_T

Let us know how you get on @gdp63

Leanne 🙂

Thank you @Leanne_T I have spoken with customer care and they have sorted out both my issues 👍😊