cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make calls or send texts

DonnaA
Visitor

I have recently taken over use of an older Samsung from my daughter, but it isn't allowing me to make or receive calls, or sent texts but I can receive some texts.

I have disabled the automatic network selection and connected it to EE.

It is saying not registered on network, and mobile data service is temporarily turned off by operator, it is also not highlighted for calls or message in the sim section in settings, even though it is set on my sim.

I am on a pay as you go contract.

Any help would be great.

4 REPLIES 4
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @DonnaA

Thanks for coming here. 

Does the SIM card work in any other phone? 

When was the last time the SIM card was used? 

Leanne 🙂

Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

@DonnaA , pay as you go is not contract. Was your daughter on the same network? If not, could it be that the phone is locked to another network?

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
bristolian
Legend
Legend

I would normally associate "not registered on network" with either a lack of coverage (and so trying to roam onto another network) or a SIM/account issue.

As mentioned above, you can either be PAYG or monthly-contract - if PAYG, when did you last make a chargeable call? Try texting AL or BALANCE to 150 and see what the response is

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@DonnaA : Sounds like your PAYG SIM has gone into hibernation.

When did you last use it for a chargeable action? EE PAYG SIMs are deactivated after 6 months of non-use. You then have a further 3 months to call EE to reactivate it before it is lost completely.

You needed to make a chargeable action like making a chargeable call or text, topping up or buying a Pack or Add-on, not just using your mins, texts or data from your pack.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)