cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packages

Tanguy
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, I am travelling in UK and France and bought a sim for my pocket wifi, as internet is a necessity for my work. The person who sold me the sim in the airport told me to get a specific one that will cover both destination. Yesterday I arrive in France and to my surprise the roaming doesn’t work here. I top up 15 pounds in order to get a package for internet. But the page with packages is not available since yesterday. Tried also to activate one with sms and doesn’t work too. Real hassle 

8 REPLIES 8
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Tanguy   You might want to read THIS   You need to purchase an add on to roam with PAYG  roaming isn’t included with any tariff type now. 

Hi,

Thank you for your reply, unfortunately both add on and package page have an error in loading impossible to get either

Sent from my iPhone
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Tanguy 

Did you activate the SIM in the UK. If not it will not work. There is no way around activation until you are back in the UK. 

EE Sims are designed for the UK network with roaming as a benefit. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
Tanguy
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

Yes I did, I was one week in the UK before going to France, and the
personnel at the airport activated it for me, plus I was able to use it in
the UK for internet already.

Regards,

[Mod edit: Please do not share personal details as your posts are visible to the public. Thanks!]

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Tanguy 

Did you receive a text when you arrived in France to purchase a roam like home add-on? 

Leanne.

Hi, 

Yes I did, but when I messaged PACK10, then YES, nothing happened. I tried 
twice. 

Regards, 

[mod edit: removed personal details from the forum]

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Tanguy 

This is to activate a pack, to add the roam like home add-on you would need to use one of the following text messages: 

1. £2.50 for 24 hours, to activate please text ROAMEU1D to 150.
  2. £10 for seven days, to activate please text ROAMEU7D to 150.

Full details can be found in Pay As You Go charges for roaming in the EU. 

Leanne 🙂

Hi, 

this is noted will try this 

thank you 

-- 

[mod edit: removed personal details from the forum]