cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Sim Only sim not working as expected

bennuts
Explorer

Hiya, 

I ordered a sim only sim and signed up for a £15 monthly subscription. The sim arrived and after inserting it into the phone I received a text saying 'Welcome to EE. Thanks for buying a £15 pack.'

Now I can receive texts somehow but i cannot ring out or do anything else. It seems to think i have no credit. I cannot find anywhere to start a new subscription pack. The app does not help. 

Incidentally, when I try to port my old number to this new sim with the PAC code I have i get this message about the new number EE have given me. 'Please make sure you enter the right phone number. It must be a UK phone number and start with 07.'

The number is clearly the correct number ee have given me.

I don't know what to do now. I thought it would be much simpler than this. 

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @bennuts

Thanks for coming here. 

If you text AL to 150 what reports back?

Speak soon, 

Katie

bennuts
Explorer

Hiya,

Thanks for the reply Katie, i really appreciate it. When i text AL to 150 it says:

Your current balance as of today 13:22 is £0.00. For more info on your packs, add-ons or free boosts, go to the EE app or ee.co.uk. For info on our other Text Services, reply HELP or go to ee.co.uk/textservices.

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for getting back to me @bennuts

Did you Top-Up £15 to cover the cost of the pack?

Katie

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Did you pay £15 when you ordered it or did you get the free SIM? If it was free you need to top-up £15 before the pack will kick in.

You can receive texts as they are free to receive everywhere.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)