cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inactive number

ckastam
Investigator
Investigator

I have moved recently to Greece and changed my contract to PAYG sim only. As advised on the community, I topped up my PAYG sim with £5 on December 2023 and I was aware to send a text every 6 months to keep the sim active. However, when i tried recently to send a text, sim appeared to be inactive. I tried to text 150 but text wasn't delivered. I tried to call EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 but the call doesn't go through. Also i still have full signal with the Greek providers through roaming. Can you please help me reactivate my sim ?

Has my number gone into hibernation and why ?

6 REPLIES 6
bristolian
Legend
Legend

"SIM only" is generally taken to mean a pay-monthly contract-billed scheme without a phone, which is not what I suspect you mean.

All new PAYG SIMs need to be first activated on EE's UK network before they will work abroad, this includes migrations from pay-monthly. Did you use your new SIM in the UK between it being converted to PAYG, and travelling abroad?

When you say the text to 150 "wasn't delivered", does it show on your phone as having sent? And can you quantify what "recently" means for your move to Greece?

ckastam
Investigator
Investigator

I have moved recently to Greece and changed my contract to PAYG sim only. As advised on the community, I topped up my PAYG sim with £5 on December 2023 and I was aware to send a text every 6 months to keep the sim active. However, when i tried recently to send a text, sim appeared to be inactive. I tried to text 150 but text wasn't delivered. I tried to call EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 but the call doesn't go through. Also i still have full signal with the Greek providers through roaming. Can you please help me reactivate my sim ?

I have moved recently to Greece and changed my contract to PAYG sim only. As advised on the community, I topped up my PAYG sim with £5 on December 2023 and I was aware to send a text every 6 months to keep the sim active. However, when i tried recently to send a text, sim appeared to be inactive. I tried to text 150 but text wasn't delivered. I tried to call EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 but the call doesn't go through. Also i still have full signal with the Greek providers through roaming. Can you please help me reactivate my sim ?

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good evening @ckastam

Thanks for coming here. 

Did you use your SIM in the UK after moving to pay as you go?

Do you have credit available?

Speak soon, 

Katie 🙂

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @ckastam

I have replied to your other post HERE

Katie

When was your SIM moved to PAYG? It takes 30 days notice to cancel a contract & before it is moved to PAYG. Had that change taken place while abroad you can't now use it at all while abroad. To be used abroad EE PAYG SIMs need 1st activating on EE's home UK network. If it wasn't you can't now use it until you return to UK.

Try calling CS on the Freephone no. in my sig. on Skype over WiFi. It should be free.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)