cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual eSIM won’t send texts make calls or use data

Hjh7
Explorer

I am living in Canada now so set up a dual eSIM on my iPhone and changed my EE contract to pay and go which I have topped up. My primary is my Canadian mobile and I have an EE eSIM as a secondary line. I receive texts to my UK number fine but am unable to send texts. I received a text from EE that I needed to use my phone for something chargeable to keep the number active which I want to do but it will not let me send texts, make calls or use data. I have tried turning off my primary eSIM and turning every setting for my EE sim on but nothing is working. When I try make a call it says outgoing calling is currently disabled on your phone or says my number is barred. I cannot even call or text EE on the 150 number. Any advise would be appreciated as I have no way of call EE and can’t access their support chat on the app since switching to pay and go.

2 REPLIES 2
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Hjh7 : Was it switched to PAYG while you were abroad? If so, you can't now use it until you return to UK. EE PAYG SIMs need 1st activating on EE's home UK network before they can be used abroad. 

Aside from the fact that eSIMs are not available for PAYG.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

They didn’t tell me it had to be activated in the UK! I will have to try when I visit in June. I only have and eSIM, they did not tell me pay and go would not work with an eSIM? My phone does not have a sim tray so I have no option to have a physical sim!