cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing from PAYG to contract

Fizzwigady
Investigator
Investigator

I have tried using the link previously posted to look into changing from PAYG to contract but the link does not work.

I have also messaged SWITCH to 150 to get a discount code, as per the app stated to do, but this does not work either.

How do I change from PAYG to a contract without having to phone, as I don't have time to be on hold for ages.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Follow How Do I Upgrade from Pay As You Go? to switch from PAYG to contract. Your existing PAYG credit will be carried over as credit towards your future bills. You keep your existing SIM & no. The plan on it is just switched to contract.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Fizzwigady 

Welcome to the community.

Could you try the link on another device or browser please? What message did you get back when you texted SWITCH to 150?
Chris

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Follow How Do I Upgrade from Pay As You Go? to switch from PAYG to contract. Your existing PAYG credit will be carried over as credit towards your future bills. You keep your existing SIM & no. The plan on it is just switched to contract.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

This was the reply I got:

You can text the following codes to 150 for free while in the UK or abroad.

BALANCE for more info on your remaining credit, allowances, packs, add-ons or free boosts,

RO country name for roaming rates (eg, RO SPAIN),

DATAROAMING to chose a data roaming bundle (outside EU only) 

ALL PACKS for a list of packs available,

VO followed by voucher number (Incl mobile number at the end if topping up a different phone - VO 1234567891261236 07973100150 for example),

VM ON or VM OFF to control diverts to your voicemail

NOW if you have bought another pack and want to start it early, 

STOP PACK to stop any active packs from recurring

More info can be found at ee.co.uk/textservices

You can text the following codes to 150 for free while in the UK or abroad.

BALANCE for more info on your remaining credit, allowances, packs, add-ons or free boosts,

RO country name for roaming rates (eg, RO SPAIN),

DATAROAMING to chose a data roaming bundle (outside EU only) 

ALL PACKS for a list of packs available,

VO followed by voucher number (Incl mobile number at the end if topping up a different phone - VO 1234567891261236 07973100150 for example),

VM ON or VM OFF to control diverts to your voicemail

NOW if you have bought another pack and want to start it early, 

STOP PACK to stop any active packs from recurring

More info can be found at ee.co.uk/textservices

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Fizzwigady 

Thanks for coming back to us. 

The Help page @XRaySpeX has posted advises, to switch to pay monthly please pop into an EE store or call us to get this sorted. 

Leanne.