cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls are prohibited to this number

LFHS
Visitor

Hi,

I live abroad and I recently had a text message telling me I have to use my number again in order to not lose it as it has been inactive for too long. I just topped up the number and tried to phone somebody in the UK and was told that "calls to this number are prohibited". The same thing happens when I try to call the EE help hotline.

Am I missing something or has my number been deactivated?

I can't phone EE and the live chat function doesn't seem to be existent anymore.

Thanks for any suggestions!

2 REPLIES 2
bristolian
Legend
Legend

The hibernation policy requires chargeable usage at least once every 6months, with a further 3month grace before outright disconnection and loss of credit.

You will need to contact EE CS to discuss your specific account and reactivate the number if still able - either contacting +44 7953 966150 from any working phone, or +44 800 0798586 over a web-calling app such as Skype

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Had you used that PAYG SIM for making calls or texts in UK before you left to go abroad? To be used abroad EE PAYG SIMs need 1st activating on EE's home UK network. If it wasn't you can't now use it until you return to UK.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)