cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating/topping up new PAYG sim card

Linda146
Investigator
Investigator

I bought a Samsung A05s phone and the £10 pay as you go package/sim off the EE website last week and yesterday put in the new sim card and set up the phone. If I try to make a phone call I get told I don't have enough credit and need to top up.

If I log into my account on the EE website it only shows the £5 pay as you go package for my other old EE phone and not the new one so I can't top the new one up.

When I purchased the phone I selected the £10 a month payg package and was charged an extra £10 on top of the cost of the phone so I assume money is already on the package. I'm just not sure how to activate it or make the package appear in my account so I can top it up now or in the future.

I haven't set up phone/sim card for many years so I'm probably missing something very obvious so I'd be grateful for any help.

Thanks in advance.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The problem was solved after phoning EE.

Thanks for the help 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Morning @Linda146 

Thanks for coming back to the community 🙂

Can you text BALANCE to 150 and let me know the full reply? 

To add the number to your EE account, please log into your EE account on a browser, select Home, Plans & Subscriptions and then Manage numbers

Pop the number in and follow the prompts, does this work for you?

Leanne.

This was the reply after texting Balance to 150:

---

Your current balance as of today 10:50 is £0.00. For more info on your packs, add-ons or free boosts, go to the EE app or ee.co.uk
For info on our other Text Services, reply HELP or go to ee.co.uk/textservices

---

I then logged into my EE account and went to "Manage numbers" and followed the instructions to add the number to my account. On the final screen it said it was going to link my number to an account which ended in 4 numbers with the first numbers starred out. I assumed that was my account since I was logged into my account and doing it from there so I clicked yes and it took me back to my account- however there is still only my old £5 a month subscription package listed. 

Having just looked at the Delivery Note that came with my order there is a different 10 digit "account number" listed on the top right- I don't know if this is what was referred to in "Manage Numbers" and if so was why it was different to the account number I was shown. I was also logged into my account when I purchased the phone so if that is my account number I'm not sure why the one I was shown at the end of the linking process was different.

Linda

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for coming back to me @Linda146 

I would suggest giving us a call on 150 and our mobile guides will get the pack and top up looked into and help you set up the EE account. 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.

The problem was solved after phoning EE.

Thanks for the help 🙂