cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel Recurring Top Up and Bugs

dooglet
Explorer

How can I cancel a recurring top up? I've tried finding the option on 150 and I get pushed to customer services which for some reason I can't get to because I don't have credit!

This entire PAYG eco system is disgusting, it automatically puts you into a recurring top up, you hide away the option to cancel and you put customer service behind another paywall? Keep in mind I have 10s of SIMs active, I've sinked 100s of pounds into these accounts and this is how EE likes to treat such a customer? 

Not only that; when you have multiple accounts onto one email login, you currently can't manually top up a selected account because it reverts you back to the same account when you get to the card payment page. This is why I'm in this mess in the first place. 

You do realise making life easier when people pay makes it more likely that they will keep paying? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @dooglet,

Welcome to the EE Community.

You can cancel your recurring top up by texting STOP REC to 150 or via My EE.

Find out more in How can I top up my phone?

Hope this helps. Smiley Happy

James

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@dooglet   How about just texting STOP to 150.   

That does not stop payments and STOP PACK only prevents packs from being used. You still accumulate credit.

James_B

Hi @dooglet,

You can cancel your recurring top up by texting STOP REC to 150 or via My EE.

Find out more in How can I top up my phone?

Hope this helps. Smiley Happy

James

At this moment, don't bother trying to cancel a recurring top up using My EE, you will not find it. 
I've searched through hundreds of pages of this terrible website and just went round and round in circles.
I've phoned technical support who will not help because during the security questions, I accidentally gave the top up value of the other EE number on my account and invalidated myself. so I can't get any help at all until I go into an EE store with photo ID, which I can't because I'm out the country for a long while. 
Strange that that is the only question they will ask... not prepared to ask any other question.

So I have removed my credit card that the recurring top up will use.

The next time I go into an EE store, it will to validate myself and get my PUK to change service providers.
EE may have good pay as you go packages and add ons, but it's just too frustrating using their website and talking to their condescending support agents.

Their coverage signal strength is not really that good either.
Guy

@GuyZed  That’s the point of security questions you don’t know what’s going to be asked and if you did you could be anyone and if its a case of keep trying then why ask any questions and just allow anyone to have access to your account.  It’s your account that’s kept safe to stop anyone taking out a contact in your name.  

And that’s PAC not PUK code.  

@ Chris_B,
Thanks I hear you, but a little disappointed with 1 strike and you are out, especially that I'm out the country. I was able to correct myself, and tell them the exact account balance etc, but too late. I'm now locked out until I return to the UK.

Thanks for the PAC correction, but I'm sure with my accent, I'll still need to explain what it is I want and why.

Thanks again
Guy

James_B

Hi @GuyZed,

You can cancel your recurring top up by texting STOP REC to 150.

Hope this helps.

James

It is incredibly easy to cancel a recurring top up in myEE, but it's hiding in plain sight! When you go into Edit you don't realise that the Cancel button actually means cancel the Recurring Top Up rather than Cancel the action you are trying to perform. Try it and you'll see what I mean - problem solved!

That is incorrect.  It says you can cancel via My EE but there is nowhere in My EE to cancel my top up.  If you search for Cancel it send you to help which tells you can cancel via My EE.  Where on MY EE? 
How about you give us the link to the place you can stop your PAYG on My EE?

The SIM I am using is in a tracker so its difficult to text 150. I would like to cancel via My EE