cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Buy Add-on or Pack When I Don’t Have the Device With Me

PeteSimpson
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, I have a data only PAYG SIM in an iPAD which I have sent to an elderly relative to use during lockdown.  The number is linked to my account and I can easily top up credit, but how can I buy more data without physically having the iPAD with me, as getting my elderly relative to navigate to add-on.ee.co.uk will not be possible, as she struggles with anything except answering FaceTime.

7 REPLIES 7
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

You can buy data add-ons for this no. thro' your MyEE a/c. Go to Menu / Add-ons.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thanks for the quick response and help. 
In the app it just says “this area is still under development” and on the webpage I can’t see the option to buy a pack, just a link to add-on.ee.co.uk.

Is it because there is still a day left on the current pack, and I’ll be able to buy another remotely when it expires?

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @PeteSimpson.

Welcome to the community.

Have you been able to buy the pack?

Jon

Hi Jon, I was not able to buy a data add-on from within the EE iPhone or iPad apps, or the EE website. In the end I called EE customer services who added it for me. It worked fine, but not ideal to do that every time whilst EE are trying to keep call volumes low. 
Kind regards, Peter. 

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Thanks for letting us know, @PeteSimpson.

Hopefully it works next time.

Jon

Apologies for jumping in on this post but I am having the same problem. My elderly Dad has an ipad with a PAYG sim which I usually top up and buy a 3 monthly 20gb add on for so he can access the internet. This can normally be done easily via the ipad itself but as I am away at the moment I am having trouble buying the add on for him.

When I log into the account for the PAYG sim, which is separate to my own contract login, I can see the balance and am able to top up but when I click to go to the add on page it switches to MY account and will not let me buy data. 

I've tried calling customer services and could not get to speak to anyone for help; similarly live chat seems to be unavailable for my query.

Please can you help?

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Shazbabes,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues purchasing a pay as you go add-on via My EE.

Are you having the same issue in the app and online?

James