cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy watch 4 (LTE version) will not connect to the network

ct1117
Visitor

I have recently bought from Samsung their new Samsung Watch 4 LTe/4g version to replace my Galaxy watch 4g 46mm. What a mistake.

The new watch 4 will not connect via network despite the best efforts of EE grade 1 and 2 techies for a full week now, I have been 'assured' It will be resolved and there is no reason to phone in again as their boffins are now looking at it.........how much confidence have I....

Zero!

My 4G watch never missed a beat - Come on EE, its not that hard surely. I am on the verge of sending the watch back to Samsung as not fit for purpose. Anyone similar experiences with connection to the stand alone network free of bluetooth?

41 REPLIES 41
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@ct1117   Issue can and do happen it’s a fact of life.   If EE knew what the actual issue was it’ll be fixed wouldn’t it.   

Real first world problems. 

walkerx
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Which phone are you using and have you gone through the Galaxy Wearable App to add the device.

I got the Classic 46mm 4G and have got it connected

When connected to phone, it will ask for plan, select plan (not sure how it does it for old plans), next after finishing updating, etc reboot watch and then go back into the wearable app and re-connect to plan - this should then fully link the watch to the device and plan.

KarenWR
Explorer

Hi, mine won't connect to EE network either. Says 'No Service' while showing a strong mobile signal. I can see the watch with new number on my EE account and I am being charged the £7/month add on for the watch but still no joy. Last watch was just the BT version, wishing I had stuck with same! 

Could be that during the sign-up process, the wrong EID was sent to EE so the watch and number are not linked.

Hopefully it resolves it's self in time...

Galaxy Watch 4 44mm

Karen

Hi Walkerx. Thanks, it was the reconnect to plan but that I was missing. Appears to be a 2 step process to tie the plan with the EID. Now working, thanks.

Karen

walkerx
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

that's what confused me when i had the issue when setting up, and didn't want to try re-adding in case it messed up, so called 150 and the chap on line waited until i went through it again to ensure it connected properly and didn't add another plan.

I have just received my watch and am having the same problems, I can see the watch on my bill, it says I have a plan, the watch has its own number, but yet when I do the wearable app, it wants me to buy a plan and so I'm not too sure what I've done wrong or what the issue is but the watch isn't connected to the network so any help would be really appreciated. Its the first watch I've bought and so am learning and fully understand I may have messed it up somewhere lol 

walkerx
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@Moose2 have you done the 2nd stage of the setup? Are you using a compatible Samsung phone?

1st stage applies a plan to your account

2nd stage links the watch to the plan properly

I'm going to say nope, what's stage 1 and stage 2. All I've done is connect it to my phone via Bluetooth and then tried to add my mobile plan but it won't come up 

walkerx
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@Moose2 if you have purchased the LTE/4G version then you need to add plan during the initial setup.

Once setup completed, go back in and add to the new mobile plan (which should now be showing).

Until you do that it won't work as a 4G device and can only work linked as BT to the watch, just like the standard BT versions