cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data plan for Samsung galaxy watch 3

Evie10
Explorer

I have bought a Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 4g version outright from another retailer. 

What do I need to do to be able to use the 4g functionality? Will the watch automatically use the data from my phones tariff or do I need a specific and separate plan for data for the watch?

If so, how much is the plan? How much data do you get? And, how do I set it up?

Thanks

17 REPLIES 17
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Evie10   The watch has to have its own tariff and that will be £7 per month and you’ll get 10Gb of data just for the watch, you set this up via the wear app on your phone. 

That's great! What a speedy reply, thank you!

Daft question - how long would 10gb last on a watch? Would you run out in a monthly billing cycle?

Thanks

@Evie10   I’ll be very surprised if you use 5Gb per month. 

Gomrathb
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Evie10 id be even more surprised if you used 3gb. If it’s always connected to your phone via Bluetooth it’s unlikely to use more than a few GB. If like me you go our for a jog with yours (I use a Apple Watch but same idea tbh) I stream Apple Music from my watch to my Bose wireless headphones, and also use maps sometimes to direct me. I also use my watch to take calls and texts but that’s included. Sometimes I use Apple Pay to pay for a drink. But I do that 3/4 times a week for about 1/2 hrs, battery gets killed when it’s running 4G alone but I barely use 5GB a month doing that..... gives you a real world example. Lol. 

Hi. 

I also have a Samsung galaxy watch 3 LTE from another retailer. I keep getting the same message when trying to purchase a data plan. 

An EE message

Failed to download esim. 

Can you help please? 

@Rleach3568  Are you on contract or PAYG ? 

I am paying for unlimited text/call/data already. To use my watch you appear to want to charge an additional sum for the data, and it is some 30% extra, Is there a lesser plan for the watch?

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @AndyWorth.

Welcome to the community.

Did you get the watch from a third party retailer?

Have you used it before with data?

Jon

I 100% agree with Andy.

I already pay for 10gb on ee phone, that I normally use maybe 2 or 3gb a month.

Why would I want or need another 10gb for my Sumsung smartwatch 3?

Come on EE, why can the watch not share your phone data allowance?

I don't know, call it good customer service?

Lindsey Robertson