cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can somebody else pick my parcel?

AndreiFlaviu
Visitor

Hi, I am new to EE, yesterday I subscribed to a "pay monthly phone" and today my phone got to me and nobody was home and the driver is returning tomorrow, I am at work and I am not able to get in the for the delivery, now the question, if somebody else is at home and shows my photo id, can they claim my parcel by showing my passport to the dpd driver?We don't share the same name but she is my mom, after divorce, she changed her name.

4 REPLIES 4
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @AndreiFlaviu

Welcome to the community.

If proof of ID is required on the delivery, the other person can only sign for it using their own ID if they have the same surname as you.

If the delivery fails, you may need to re-order it.

Chris

Is this still true because I've just ordered a phone to a place of work as I work from home nationwide and have a colleague collecting my phone for me. I was advised by EE they won't even ask for ID as that was pre covid rules. It does say on my tracking it requires ID but EE assured me they won't even ask if someone answers at the delivery address. Plus dpd say this on most packages I've ordered elsewhere and I've still never been asked to show ID. They just take a photo and hand it to me

If you know your not going to be in, your best is to Log On to the DPD Website (or who ever the Delivery peeps are), or use the App if you create an Account with them and then Divert the Delivery to a Drop Off or Pick Up Point or, normally an approved Local Shop that DPD uses near you, you can then pick the Parcel yourself at your leisure.

Note though, depending on the Delivery Type, you may need a Bar or QR Code Collection which depending on the Courier gets generated within the App or gets emailed to you, as well as Proof of ID.

Everyone are just paranoid though. It said on my dpd and ee email I need to have photo ID but nobody asked  just took a photo and i now have my s22. No id need ti even or it or collect it. Never in many years have I been asked for ID from any delivery