cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lapsus$ Text

Vikirobbo82
Explorer

Did anyone else receive this strange text message this morning?

We are LAPSUS$, remember our name, we have your userdata. we have EE's, BT and Orange source code. If EE pay us 4 millions USD in XMR before the 20th august, we will delete everything from our servers. XMRADDR: 42qLW1FiEDQKjeoSAFQRXaVpSUxB8fTYJ2Zeah8dcDTYDEjCb71iCR76ctGMysAB4nj3MTTCE5GuJMsC1eLuwKdu7v6FKf3

73 REPLIES 73
Beebs26
Investigator
Investigator
  •  

i received this today after  making an in app purchase on a game, I didn’t get the usual been charged x amount just the bottom message and I don’t know what to do now 71DB3C91-F62E-4DF0-BD8A-740012A05033.png

Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Vikirobbo82   Forward the message to 7726 and then the number it can from when requested.  Just report it and once reported delete the message. Do not click any links within that message.  Obviously it’s a scam 

Thank you - sent it over to them 

@Beebs26   The text is a scam report by forwarding it to 7726. 

Ok thank you it concerned me as it come
Up as I made a purchase

Sent from my iPhone

How did you report it with 7726? It asks for a number but this has come directly via iTunes.

I had the same thing appear today.

@Beebs26   If that was the case why are they sending that message to you ?  Exactly how they expect you to sort this payment for them.     What I do recommend is that you change your iTunes password. 

@Vikirobbo82   Who was this sent from ?   What is the name ?  

The issue is that it came directly from the iTunes sender and as soon as a purchase was made.

It isn’t a random phishing text.