cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi calling just stopped working

MQTaylor
Investigator
Investigator

Anyone else experiencing loss of wifi calling in the last few days? Our broadband connection is good but my wife and I both lost wifi calling recently. Both phones and router have been reset but no joy. I have Iphone 6 and my wife Iphone 8.

11 REPLIES 11
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @MQTaylor 

There's no known issues, and I've been using the service without problems.

When you say you've lost WiFi-calling, do you have network coverage and are making calls over the mobile network?

Or do you have no signal and are relying on the service? Can you load webpages using the same WiFi network?

We are at home and connected to the internet via wifi on the router. We have good internet access and can load pages or watch videos on the internet no problem. As this problem is affecting 2 phones it might suggest a broadband problem but that is working perfectly! That is why I wondered if it was our EE account somehow.

We do not have good mobile network coverage here so use EE 'wifi calling' to receive and make calls. The 'wifi call' icon was present on our phones until the last few days when the icon and the facility has just stopped. As we have no landline we are now in a bit of a pickle! 

Have you tried toggling WiFi-calling off/on within your phone settings?

I appreciate you mentioned rebooting both phones, but this is something else to try.

With confirmation that you can access the internet over the same router, that at least proves that connectivity over WiFi isn't a problem.

yes, tried toggling on / off

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @MQTaylor,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

If you activate airplane mode, then reactivate WiFi, does your phone connect to WiFi Calling?

James

Is it only one WiFi router you have issues with, or are other networks also problematic?

no it doesn't!

Since the problem started we haven't been out so had no chance to connect to another network

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @MQTaylor,

Thanks for testing that. I just wanted to check it wasn't preferring a weak mobile signal over WiFi Calling.

Please let us know what happens when you have an opportunity to test on another WiFi network.

James