cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using my UKEE in the USA

Anthony1981
Explorer
  • Hello all. I'm going to the USA next week and I'm looking to take my phone mainly for satnav and incase of a emergency so was planing on using a add on, but my issue is I've been abroad twice with my EE contract (Portugal and Rotterdam) and my phone has never worked. First time I went into my local EE store to ask if it would work and all the seating on my device was correct and the second time I call customer service but my phone never seems to find a network once I'm over there. I've tryed turning my device off and on, and removed to sim card. Is there something I'm missing, my data roaming is on. Thank you for any help or ideas
3 REPLIES 3
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Text ROAMING to 150 before you leave UK to check roaming is enabled on your account.

Try logging into your MyEE account online & go to Menu > Account Settings > Parental and Data Controls > Roaming Abroad and also Call Abroad and Premium Rate. They will show as ticked if roaming and calling abroad is activated. If they are not ticked, can you activate these settings?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I've just checked my settings and yes roaming is turned on

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Anthony1981

Thanks for checking. 

We require both Roaming and Calling Abroad to be active within your settings on your My EE account to be able to use your phone abroad so it's great to hear these are active ready for you to travel. 

Once you arrive it may be useful to manually select a network rather than automatic selection.

If you continue to have issues when you arrive in the United States please come back to us here on the community so we can help get your services working. 

Katie 🙂