cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown caller

Nightwish
Explorer

Hi.

I recently bought a new phone, a Nubia Red Magic 3 (Android 9.0, about the same hardware platform as a One Plus 7).

I plan to use it on EE, instead of my Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus,  but so far I have a problem. When someone calls me I dont get the phone number or the name, just "Unknown caller".

What I tried so far:

1.  I moved the SIM card into a different phone, it's working properly;

2. I tried a Vodafone and a Virgin SIM with the phone, no problems on those networks;

3. Phoned EE support, they did a Network Reset on my account,  same problem. They also suggested a phone reset, which I did, without using a backup to restore. Same problem. The customer support lady ended up suggesting I should buy a phone from EE in order to avoid this kind of problem.

Wondering if anyone has an idea/suggestion on this matter.

26 REPLIES 26
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Angry_at_EE

Thanks for coming to the community.

Since this started have you spoken to our Tech Gurus on 150 to get this looked into?

Have you had a replacement SIM card if the same happens in a different phone?

Thanks.

Leanne.

I have the redmagic 5s that I bought mid November. I found if I turn off the 5G, then turn off VoLTE HD (Settings>dual sim cards and Mobile Network) turn 5g off then the option to turn off VoLTE will be available. This allows the caller ID to come through. I can't seem to find any other work around. Customer service has been giving me multiple solutions but nothing has allowed me to use my 5g and allow caller ID to work at the same time.

Hi @redmagic5g 

I am looking at the RedMagic 6 Pro but have been told by technical support that it is not supported on EE, will this phone actually work at all if I purchase it on sim only? 

Hi,

Please don't buy this phone. Customer service is nil. Their parent company as well. I was EE customer I only realised this problem after I bought the phone. EE tried everything to help me out but couldn't as it's down to the manufacturerer software. I swapped to virgin which was working until the software upgrade and guess what the problem is back. virgin can't help me either. I tried contacting redmagic and Nubia again. But no response. Though I guess it might work with Vodafone. That's what one guy from virgin tech support told me. Please don't buy, there is no customer service. Thank you

@Antony7378320 thanks for your response, what phone do you suggest I get if I don't get this one? I know Asus have a gaming phone but I don't know if that is supported either? 

Hi, I wouldn't know to be honest whether it will be compatible or not. But I have been told it's a good gaming phone assuming that's what you after. Good luck. Sorry I couldn't be of much help.

bloodnok
Visitor

I had the same issue and tried the solutions on this thread to no avail ie tested whether the +44 was present in my contacts etc. My phone is Huawei p20 and fiddled around clearing cache on the phone.app dialler under the system processes option as recommended on the Huawei web, then rebooted phone to get the the 'safe mode' facility to clear system cache. Deleted loads of sms messages, deleted call history log - grrrr

Finally twigged I'd recentlly swapped from paygo with EE to monthly contract - rang them just now - bingo - they knew straight away the caller-id box not ticked on their system

Glad it got sorted but remiss of them in their account transfer service!!!!!!