cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make calls to a Asda SIM

seasidebob
Investigator
Investigator

An Asda SIM card is unable to receive incoming calls and txt from my EE SIM, and I have also tried from another EE SIM and its the same.

That Asda SIM does receive incoming from other networks. I am able to receive incoming calls from the Asda SIM to my EE SIM.

When I call the Asda number from EE there appears to be no ring tone, just a single tone and then drops with "call ended". 

Asda had been unable to find a fault and, as other networks we have tried seem to be OK, have suggested contacting EE.

This problem started when Asda number was ported to a new SIM when Asda stopped piggybacking their service off EE and started using Vodafone network.

3 REPLIES 3
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hello @seasidebob 

This has the symptoms of a call routing issue, however...

@seasidebob wrote:

This problem started when Asda number was ported to a new SIM when Asda stopped piggybacking their service off EE and started using Vodafone network.

If a change by Asda-Mobile has been the start of this problem, then the fix is also likely to  lie with them, their suggestion of contacting EE is probably not correct.

Can you call or text other numbers with the same 5-digit number prefix? If not, then you'd be correct to be reporting this to EE. If this is a single number that can't receive calls, then Asda Mobile need to be investigating this internally. They will have internal methods of raising issues with other operators where necessary, and they should be using those.

This has also happend to a number I have with Asda mobile, that EE customers cannot ring the Asda number. Asda customer services have been contacted multiple times, and each time have referred the problem to their back office team of experts. This has resulted in nothing so far, although the problem has been referred to them over 5 times now.

The issue started when Asda changed service providers to Vodafone, but don't seem to be able to fix the problem.

They have admitted it's something their side, but after changing the sum and trying to port my old number over, this has still failed.

Even asking for a call back from a manager seems to much for them, as I have not had one call up to now.

Maybe the only solution will be to lose my original number and take on a new one, which is on the new SIM. Rubbish customer services, 

David
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Nipper11 Asda Mobile need to raise it with their porting team who will then raise it with EE it sounds like the files for the number haven't been released properly which is causing the routing issue.