Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming in australia

Cara88
Investigator
Investigator

Hello, 

I left the UK on Sunday and switched my roam further on ahead of my trip to Australia. 

I arrived in australia and it does not work, it only says SOS. I can’t call for help because I have no network, I can’t text 150 because I have no network. My account says that I have successfully added this feature and it is available until 28th dec. I also received a text prior to leaving UK saying it was activated so not sure what’s going on. 

I need this sorted ASAP, as a lot of my work and apps require verification where they will text or call my number which of course isn’t working due to only having wifi available 

I have sent an email, given feedback, wrote on social, and heard nothing back. 

please please help urgently!!! 

thanks 

Cara 

11 REPLIES 11
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Did you activate roaming on your EE a/c before you left UK by texting ROAMING to 150? Having a roaming add-on doesn't of itself activate roaming on your a/c.

Often just rebooting the phone is the simple remedy. Otherwise try logging into your MyEE account online & go to Menu > Account Settings > Control Content > Roaming Abroad and also Call Abroad and Premium Rate. They will show as ticked if roaming and calling abroad is activated. If they are not ticked, can you activate these settings?

If not already enabled, you need to call CS to enable the Roaming Abroad and Call Abroad and Premium Rate settings of your MyEE.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Hello, 

No I can’t change the setting to have it ticked. 

I also can’t call anyone including customer service because i am in australia and without roaming I don’t have a network to be able to make or receive calls. I can’t text roaming to 150 either because again.. no network. 

can someone help me through a method where I don’t need a network to call or text? 

Try calling CS on the Freephone no. in my sig. over Skype. It should be free.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Hello, 

I called, and after waiting over 40 minutes a lady helped me and told me she’d switched it on. After that she asked me to hang up and turn my phone off and on and back on and it should work. I have done that 3 times and it’s still not working. 

Can someone please help me urgently? I have spent so much time on my holidays trying to deal with this, and it’s pretty unacceptable. 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Cara88,

Please allow up to 24 hours for the changes to your roaming settings to take affect.

Thanks

James

I’ve waited 36 hours and it hasn’t worked. Day 6 and still no resolution from ee…

Katie_B

Hi @Cara88

I am so sorry to hear this is happening.

When you log in to your My EE what is now the current status of the Roaming and Calling Abroad feature?

Katie 🙂

I was on the phone about 15 hours ago and someone tried to  help me again. It now has a green tick on my ee account and says “allowed” to data timing however, I still don’t have access to roaming and have no network coverage despite this. It still says “no service” and “sos”.

Katie_B

Thanks for getting back to me @Cara88

Is Roaming switched on in your phone settings?

Katie.