cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How do I iniate a new ee SIM card in France

Sandra7GREIVERS
Investigator
Investigator

I have the same problem. I can use WhatsApp and text but no calls in or out of my phone. We sim card is £10 monthly. I need to be able to take and make calls too. I have not been able to return to the UK because of travel restrictions. I can not see when I will be able to get there. I am paying for a service I can not use.

10 REPLIES 10
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Sandra7GREIVERS 

A you on contract or PAYG ?

What device is it ?

Are you using WiFi ?

Do you have a cellular signal showing on the device? 

Hi,

Thank you for responding. I have £10:00 monthly pre pay and use samsung galaxy A20. I can use Wi-Fi for watsapp. I can not make it receive calls. Any suggestions? I can not get back to the UK to sort this out until restrictions lifted.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Sandra7GREIVERS,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Is it a brand new pay as you go SIM you are using? If it is, it'll need to be used on the EE network in the UK before it can be used on a roaming network.

James

Regards,
Dr. Sandra Grieves

Thank you for responding.
I have EE monthly account, (8GB £10 pack) 4G, and I use a Samsung Galaxy A20. The phone and EE sim were bought in the UK and sent to France as presents for Christmas 2020.
I can use watsapp but all calls both incoming and out are blocked.
I called 150 who recommended the Sim card be registered. I believe I did that when I first got the phone.
I have a MyEE account.
There is no possibility of me travelling to the UK until I have had two doses of vaccine and travel restrictions are lifted.

Any suggestions?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Christopher_B
EE Employee

Hi @Sandra7GREIVERS

If you have a pack then this suggests that you have a pay as you go account, rather than a contract.

So we can find out for sure, could you please check your My EE account in the plans & add-ons section? 

Thanks 

Hi,My account info is,Pack selected, 8GB £10 pack. This is payable monthly.Does this help?Sandra

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

As it's a pack that you pay for, it sounds like you're on a pay as you go line that tops up every month from your bank account.

If the SIM card wasn't registered when you were in the UK then I'm afraid it won't work.

You will need to register it when back in the UK, or you could post it back and have someone register it and send it back to you.

Thanks 

Chris 

Thank you Chris,This is what I expected. I will try a willing relative to register it for me.Sandra

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

@Sandra7GREIVERS

I hope you can get this sorted.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks 

Chris