cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone making phantom calls

rao1
Explorer

Hi, so my phone has made at least four phone calls (that I know of) when I wasn't next to my phone and nobody else was either. This has caused alarm when my mum received a call from me beyond midnight last night and then couldn't get to me until I got up this morning. I decided the problem might be with my SIM card and looked to change networks but as EE have changed my price plan, I'm now locked into a contract and there will be a £170 fee if I leave early... Even though I have been with EE since the beginning and agreed to pay more than my original contract with the new changes. Why is this happening? Will I be fined for leaving my contract? Would getting a new SIM card be the answer? Could I get a new SIM card for EE and keep my old number? 

5 REPLIES 5
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@rao1  You can request a replacement SIM card but you seem to think it’s the network that’s causing your issue?      Your not fined for terminating a contract your required  to pay off that contract as you agreed to the terms of that contract to the minimum term date.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @rao1

Welcome to the community.

I suggest speaking to our Technical Support team so they can look into this for you. It would be interesting to know what has cause this, please come back and let us know.

Chris

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Do these calls show in your phone's call log after the event?

Yes they do

The SIM wouldn't cause your phone to make calls, it just enables access to a mobile network that allows those calls to connect.

My suspicion is you may have some rogue app or perhaps a scheduler that's causing this behaviour. The obvious suggestion is to go through your installed apps and see if there's anything that you don't recognise.

You may also need to consider backing up all your personal data with a view to performing a factory reset.