cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia 6600 MMS problems

polaroid1234
Investigator
Investigator

Hi. Whenever I try to send an MMS on my Nokia 6600 (original), it sends the same message multiple times. This doesn't happen with SMS, and this problem doesn't happen on my other phones. Can someone please help?

Phone info (from the *#0000# code if it helps):

V 4.09.1

26-02-04

NHL-10

7 REPLIES 7
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @polaroid1234

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Does this happen with one particular number?

Katie.

No. Also, here's some additional info that might help.

-The phone schedules to resend the message regardless of success, and I have to cancel it.

-Mum received 3 of the same picture, Dad received 2.

-Once again, this only happens with one phone.

-I use the same SIM card across all my phones.

Katie_B

Hello @polaroid1234

Thanks for getting back to me. 

Are you connected to WiFi when this happens?

Have you tried checking your MMS settings within the device?

Katie.

Well, the phone doesn't support WiFi because it's from 2003, and I'm using the official MMS setup at https://setup-ee.wdsglobal.com/mms

The message validity is on maximum, and it can be set to 1hr, 6hrs, 24hrs, 3days, 1wk, or maximum available. Should I change that setting?

Katie_B

Hello @polaroid1234

I don't believe this would resolve however you can try if you wish. 

As your SIM works fine in other devices this indicates a problem with the device itself. 

Have you spoke with Nokia?

Katie.

Are you being charged for multiple messages when this happens?

That would help ID whether your phone is sending multiple copies, or the recipient's phone is downloading them more than once.

The message validity field you mentioned, is effectively asking "how long does the network keep hold of that message for, if it can't be delivered within the chosen time"

Well, I've switched to my K750 which doesn't show problems. The 6600 in question has other problems outside messaging anyways. But thanks anyways! 🙂