cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No network selection

Lizzy246
Investigator
Investigator

Have arrived into USA and my phone has not linked to any network selection and I only have SOS service. Please could someone let me know how to resolve this as can’t make/receive any call/text. As a result can’t contact EE and message us isn’t working for me either. 

6 REPLIES 6
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Lizzy246  Did you enable roaming on your EE account by texting ROAM to 150 ?    Have you used this device abroad before now ?   If you have have you tried just restarting the device? 

Nope I didn’t text ROAM to 150 before I left the UK,however when I send it now says not delivered. I’ve not used my device in the USA before and have restarted my phone multiple times.

@Lizzy246  You can not send a text even to 150 as it’s still a text message that requires a working signal.    If you log in to the EE app you can live chat with EE customer services to request roaming to be enabled on your account.   It’s under the help tab. 

Unfortunately I’ve just tried that and live chat was unable to help. 

@Lizzy246 , I take it, you are on a monthly contract with EE?

If you have something like Skype, you can ring them for free using the numbers in my signature.

If on the other hand you are on pay as you go, did you use your SIM card before travelling to the USA? SIM cards have to first be activated in the UK and also have to have made a chargeable call or text before they will work abroad.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Regardless of any billing add-on, your ability to get coverage abroad (which calls, texts & mobile data rely on) is dependent on roaming being activated - which allows your phone to connect to foreign networks.

On PAYG, this is auto-enabled once your phone is used in the UK first.
On pay-monthly, this needs to be enabled manually - usually by texting ROAMING to 150 before leaving the UK. Did you do this?

If you are on pay-monthly and now find yourself abroad without having enabled roaming, your only recourse will be to contact CS to request it activated. You can either contact +44 7953 966150 from another working phone, or +44 800 0798586 using a web-calling app such as Skype over WiFi.