Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can’t connect to network in Dubai

Jaycloth
Investigator
Investigator

Hello,

I have arrived in Dubai and my iPhone 11 Pro Max will not connect to a local mobile network.  It has always done this automatically before (received texts with details of charges etc.) but I have recently changed from a monthly contract to a PAYG 12 month SIM.  Is there an updated set of setting I need to be sent?

I have turned the phone on/off, I have searched manually for a network (found them but it doesn’t connect).

could you advise please?

7 REPLIES 7
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Jaycloth  Providing you use that sim in the UK now it’s a PAYG sim it should work anywhere.   There is no settings to enable for roaming with a PAYG. 

Cheers Chris.  I do use it in the UK and when I changed it EE said everything would be the same.  I have since been on my EE account and checked Content Controls and roaming is blocked, and when I try to enable it their is an error and it won’t let me unblock it.

I need someone at EE to unblock it for me.

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Jaycloth

Thanks for getting back to us. 

When did you move your pay monthly SIM to pay as you go?

Did you set up a new My EE for this?

What shows as your active plan?

Speak soon, 

Katie 🙂

Hi Katie,

the plan was started on 23rd August.  It was a retention deal after a 2 yr contract.  I didn’t set up a new My EE for it, I was advised everything would stay the same, bar the plan details.

as I said, I’ve tried to enable the roaming but it is blocked for some reason.

when the plan was taken out I was advised the roaming is included and the £2 fee is waived.

Katie_B

That's right roaming is automatically enabled on pay as you go @Jaycloth

Can you see an active plan or add-on within your My EE?

Katie.

I’m my account settings the roaming is switched off (don’t know why), and when I try to enable it it encounters an error and won’t let me switch it back on.

it should be on the account, the deal was that roaming would be included and I would not have a £2 charge.  It was part of me deciding to stay with EE.

Katie_B

Hi @Jaycloth

I have sent you a private message for more details. 

Katie.