cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How has my mobile voicemail been switched off by itself?

technology1
Investigator
Investigator

I have recently discovered when callers call they no longer hear the personalised voicemail message or the ability to leave a message.  Just says along the lines of this person not available please try later or send a message.

How has voicemail been switched off by itself and my personalised message disappeared?  It’s a pay monthly plan, no plan changes or anything has been made.

No idea how long it has been like this as you don’t usually call yourself to realise this. 

6 REPLIES 6
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Text VM ON to 150 to switch it on.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Yes I realise that’s how to switch it on but I was wanting to know how has voicemail been switched off by itself and how has my personalised message disappeared? 

It's possible that it's not actually disappeared, so much as deselected.

If you choose the greetings menu from your EE voicemail (option 2) you might find the personal greeting is still there, but you've inadvertently set an "extended absence greeting" or something else.

This would serve to temporarily disable any other greeting.

I have got it working again using 150 vm on.  Answer machine/message symbol is showing though even though I have no messages.  Any idea how to clear that?

Personalised is 1, standard is option 2, holiday one is option 3.  Hard to see how you could change any of those by accident. 

It reverted back to the personalised one after doing vm on 150.

A second question , if select option 2 standard greeting will the personalised one still be stored for future use? Or does selecting standard again wipe the personalised one? 

I am guessing the personalised one will remain stored but can’t be sure. 

@technology1 wrote:

A second question , if select option 2 standard greeting will the personalised one still be stored for future use? Or does selecting standard again wipe the personalised one? 

I am guessing the personalised one will remain stored but can’t be sure. 

It will be, you guess correctly.

Regarding your stuck voicemail spool, the easiest way is to call your mobile from another phone and leave a message. Then call your voicemail from your mobile and delete the message.