cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployed armed forces: EE giving unequal treatment

Fishsticks88
Visitor

Evening, 

I'm currently deployed to Germany after not being given much notice. There is no WiFi or Internet availability on site until next year and suffice to say that my data allowance is not enough to regularly face time my wife and children or use the Internet much. Most individuals have been given extras for free or at minimal token cost from the likes of O2 and Vodafone (who have been extremely accommodating to those deployed). EE have also provided some benefits to individuals here, including 96gb for an additional £2 for one and a free 30gb top up to another. However, on contacting EE I have been offered absolutely nothing at all despite being with them four years. How is it fair that some are offered this and others are not? 

I have called three times and spoken to different people with no luck. One individual has even declared to me that the O2 network uses EE over here, which gave me very little faith. Most recently I have been told that EE have no record of offering deployed soldiers heavily discounted or free data packages. This would lead me to believe that EE are implying that a substantial amount of my comrades are in fact liars.

To summarise. EE offers inconsistent treatment to Armed Forces and thinks we are liars. 

1 REPLY 1
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Fishsticks88 

EE don't have a network abroad. They would partner for roaming purposes with the local networks. 

As for data, it depends on your plan but EE have a 50GB FUP when roaming (depending on your allowance). I don't believe there are any additional perks on data that you would receive that say somone who was working abroad would be entitled to. However you have spoken with CS more than once and told the same. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.