cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cyprus...help needed

Nobby718
Investigator
Investigator

Hiya all, I'm currently in Cyprus and I've recieved a text saying I can use the services here. However, I cant. Tried to ring the number on the app for help but it won't allow me to. 

Please help!!!

Thanks in advance

Regards 

Nobby

14 REPLIES 14
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hello @Nobby718 

Are you on PAYG or pay-monthly?

Does your phone show signal?

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Are you on contract or PAYG? Did you use that SIM for making calls or texts in UK before you left to go abroad?

If you are on contract, did you activate roaming on your EE a/c before you left UK by texting ROAMING to 150?

Often just rebooting the phone is the simple remedy. Otherwise try logging into your MyEE account online & go to Menu > Account Settings > Control Content > Roaming Abroad and also Call Abroad and Premium Rate. They will show as ticked if roaming and calling abroad is activated. If they are not ticked, can you activate these settings?

PAYG is auto enabled for roaming. You won't see any of those settings & don't need to change anything. If outside EU, do you have enough credit for making calls from abroad?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Hi Bristolian,

I'm on a pay as you go monthly subscription.
I've got roaming activated and I've rebooted the phone several times.

I can also received incoming calls.

Regards
Nobby

Sent from Android
Hi Xray,
I've rebooted amy phone and used the sim card in the UK before coming to Cyprus.

I can recieve in coming calls.

I can recieve

Regards
Nobby

Sent from Android
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Nobby718

Thanks for confirming you are on pay as you go. 

Do you have credit?

Have you tried a manual network selection?

Katie 🙂

Hi Katie

Sorry, its a monthly contract. But I'm now on a rolling contract.

Yes I've done the manual selection.

Regards
Nobby

Sent from Android
Christopher_G

Hi @Nobby718

Is roaming and international calling activated in your My EE account?

Chris

Hi Chris,
Yes it is. Still not joy calling today....

Regards
Nobby

Sent from Android
Christopher_G

OK thanks, @Nobby718

Do you mean you've had no luck getting through to speak to someone or no luck since you spoke to someone?

Chris