cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot setup Photo Messaging MMS service

janeofcheshire
Visitor

I have looked at previous Posts but nothing covers all the problems Ive been having so here goes..... I have a Motorola motoE5 phone, using monthly payment EE FLEX £10 Plan. I know that email is another option, but I really do need to send photos in text messages, but when I try, gives error saying `Message not sent: service not activated`. From other posts I think I need to select Photo Messaging as an add-on to my plan, then as a separate additional action, activate it by entering phone details and phone number to receive the required settings. However, when I log into MyEE there is no option for Photo Messaging as an add-on. When I enter phone details to receive phone settings, I dont receive anything. I was about to cancel my EE Plan out of frustration but thought I would create this post as a last attempt to resolve this, in the hope that someone can help me. Many thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@janeofcheshire   If there is no add on for this then it’s pay per MMS and you’ll need credit on your account to pay for these MMS. 

You also need to have this services enabled within your account the best way is to call customer services and request they activate this.   Sometimes just sending a MMS to yourself will activate it.  You’ll be charged for sending this MMS though. 

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

For most phones, you can download the MMS settings needed from the online set up tool .

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)